BUCHANAN HIGH SCHOOL CLUB INFORMATION
Clubs are chartered by the Student Council. Petitions for organizing a new club and request for continued club recognition are available in the Activities Office. These forms must be completed, approved by ASB Officers and put on file in the Activities Office along with the club's constitution. The organization must meet once a month & maintain a roster of at least 15 students.
It's never to late to Join a Club!
|Club List 2022-2023||Advisor||Room|
|Academic Decathlon||Alyssa Lomier||252|
|African American Student Union||Ronda Turney||302|
|Anime Club||Sarah Santini||802|
|Asian Club||Lue Vang||316|
|Badminton Club||Angel Rodriguez||557|
|Bears Books and Goods||Suzanne Streeter||Library|
|Bridge USA||Jenn O'Meara||102|
|Buchanan Tutoring Club||Jennifer Harris||361|
|Campus Life||Victory Pope||152|
|Chess Club||Irene Teraoka||355|
|Chinese Club||Lili Wong||553|
|C-Scholar (Coding)||Jennifer Harris||361|
|Ecolibrium Club||Andrew Austin||357|
|Empowerment Club||Karen Layne||252|
|Fashion Club||Priscilla Bowser||351|
|Filipino Club||Dulce Giannoni||855|
|Folklorico Club||Lizette Garcia||Office|
|Golf Club||Stephen Kidd||806|
|History Day||Heather Custer|
|Hmong Dance Club||Vicky Xiong||553|
|International Thespian Society||Abigail Paxton||403|
|Japanese Culture Club||Colette Miura||454|
|Jr. Habitat for Humanity||Irene Teraoka||355|
|Just Serve||Luci Myers||310|
|Key Club||Chet Frantzich||812|
|Korean Club||Lili Wong||553|
|Latino Student Union||Angel Rodriguez||557|
|Life in the Arts||Colette Miura||454|
|Mental Health Club||Jenn O'Meara||102|
|Mock Trial||Erin Espinoza/Ryan Pugsley||109/103|
|Model United Nations||Ryan Pugsley||103|
|Poverello House Club||Gabrielle O'Hara||554|
|Red Cross Club||Morgan Watkins|
|Rugby Club||Bryan Franks||167|
|Sikh Honors Service Society ||Yazmin Manjarrez||552|
|Sports Medicine Club||Kelly Bettencourt||801|
|TEAM: To Educate Adolescent Minds||Michelle Reed||503|
|The Light||Rich Contreras||808|
|Tutoring Club||Dayna Samra||305|
|United Student Athletes||Chantal White||501|
|Visual and Performing Arts Association||Joey Neuenschwander||404|
|Veterans Service Club||Irene Teraoka||355|
|Waterpolo Film Club||Garrett Pickford||110|
|Yoga Club & Wellness||Gabrielle O'Hara||554|
|Young Americans for Freedom||Brook Constable||151|
|CLASS RALLY CLUBS||CLASS ADVISORS||ROOMS|
|Class of 2023||Lutjens/Martinez||157/560|
|Class of 2024||Bowser/Williams||351/807|
|Class of 2025||Rudolph/Lilles||166/353|
|Class of 2026||Paxton/Certain||403/304|
REQUEST FOR ORGANIZING A NEW CLUB
Deadline to submit a new club for the 2022-23 School Year: September 6, 2022
STUDENTS MAY ONLY START A NEW CLUB AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR BEFORE THE CLUB FAIR, TYPICALLY IN SEPTEMBER.
If it can be demonstrated that the need exists for a new club, and if enough students express interest in inaugurating and maintaining it, and if faculty sponsorship can be secured, and if certain formal requirements are met, it is possible to organize a new club within the Student Body framework.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE NECESSARY:
- A petition must be presented to the Student Council. The petition must state specifically the purpose, names, dues, and membership requirements of the club. The petition must be signed by at least fifteen members (in good standing) of the Associated Students of Buchanan High School.
- The signers of the petition (including organizers of the proposed club) should include a fair proportion of sophomores and juniors to assure continuance of the club from year to year.
- Prior to the approval of the petition by the Student Council, the Organizers must submit a typewritten club constitution to the Activities Office.
- The constitution must be approved by the Activities Office, ASB, & Buchanan administration.
Things to consider before starting a new club:
- Do I have a staff member who is willing to lead my club?
- Is there a similar club on campus? If so, club petition may be denied.
- Are there other students interested in joining the club?