BUCHANAN HIGH SCHOOL CLUB INFORMATION
Clubs are chartered by the Student Council. Petitions for organizing a new club and request for continued club recognition are available in the Activities Office. These forms must be completed, approved by ASB Officers and put on file in the Activities Office along with the club's constitution. The organization must meet once a month & maintain a roster of at least 15 students.
REQUEST FOR ORGANIZING A NEW CLUB
If it can be demonstrated that the need exists for a new club, and if enough students express interest in inaugurating and maintaining it, and if faculty sponsorship can be secured, and if certain formal requirements are met, it is possible to organize a new club within the Student Body framework.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE NECESSARY:
- A petition must be presented to the Student Council. The petition must state specifically the purpose, names, dues, and membership requirements of the club. The petition must be signed by at least fifteen members (in good standing) of the Associated Students of Buchanan High School.
- The signers of the petition (including organizers of the proposed club) should include a fair proportion of sophomores and juniors to assure continuance of the club from year to year.
- Prior to the approval of the petition by the Student Council, the Organizers must submit a typewritten club constitution to the Activities Office.
- The constitution must be approved by the Activities Office, ASB, & Buchanan administration.
Things to consider before starting a new club:
- Do I have a staff member who is willing to lead my club?
- Is there a similar club on campus? If so, club petition may be denied.
- Are there other students interested in joining the club?
It's never to late to Join a Club!
Here are last year's clubs for reference. An updated list will be provided in September.
2020-21 Club List