The Activities Department oversees Student Leadership classes during 3rd and 4th Periods. Students wishing to participate in Student Leadership and/or events coordinated through the Activities Department should apply for Student Leadership in February/March of each school year.
Any questions should be directed to Ms. Tozlian, the Activities Director
Goals for the Leadership Student
- Promote citizenship, leadership, scholarship, human relations, and cultural values throughout the
- Buchanan High School campus and community
- Become familiar with techniques and principles of leadership and communication
- Practice time management techniques
- Hold yourself accountable to high standards
- Promote involvement by encouraging participation of students, staff, parents, and community
- Lead by example
- Students selected for Leadership agree to be held to the highest standards including the Buchanan High School Code of Ethics and Leadership Code of Conduct
- 2.5 GPA at the preceding semester and overall
- Community Service: participate in at least 8 hours of community service per semester
- School Service: attend mandatory events on campus and support a diverse group of students including the arts, academics, and athletics.
- Class Participation: event set-up, painting signs and advertisements, class presentations, event coordination.