What is Mock Trial?
Mock Trial is a simulation of an original criminal court case with high school students playing the courtroom roles. Teams of high school students will present the case in the courtrooms of the Fresno County Courthouse before presiding judges and attorneys who evaluate each team’s performance. Each team is guaranteed four rounds, two as the prosecution and two as the defense. The top four teams advance to the semi-finals.
What would I be doing?
As a member of the Mock Trial team you would research the case presented as an attorney, a witness, the time clerk, bailiff, courtroom artist or courtroom journalist. Each role is vital to the team and requires dedication. Mock Trial is a great way to improve your public speaking skills and analytical thinking.
When are the practices?
Practices are Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-7pm. Once the team is established it is imperative that you are able to attend all practices and scrimmages as you are irreplaceable.
Mock Trial 2023 Calendar -
- Mock Trial Competition Round 1: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Mock Trial Competition Round 2: Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Mock Trial Competition Round 3: Tuesday, January 31, 2022
- Mock Trial Competition Round 4: Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Mock Trial Competition Semi-Final Round: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Rounds 1-4 & Semi Finals will be held at the Superior Court of Fresno County
- Mock Trial Competition Final Round: Wed, February 15, 2023
Awards Reception: Wednesday, February 21, 2023, Clovis Veterans Memorial District
sign up on Remind: text @buchananmt to 81010