• Tickets for the school musical MATILDA are on sale now in the Drama Room 403! MATILDA performs at the Mercedes Edwards Theater this Thursday, Friday & Saturday. It will perform next week on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday as well. Doors open at 7:00 and Curtain 7:30. There are Saturday Matinée Performances on January both this Saturday and next, with doors at 1:30 and curtain at 2. Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for students and seniors, and $5 for Buchanan students with ID.
• The Art Gallery in the 400 building will be open at lunch this week where it will be showcasing the amazing artwork of our Buchanan students from Ceramics, Drawing, and Photography. Please swing by to enjoy the work and support your fellow Bears.
• Attention Bears! Are you an artist or graphic designer? If so, the yearbook is interested in publishing your work in this year’s book. We’re looking for art that is colorful, modern and school-appropriate. Art can be submitted to Room 161 or uploaded directly via www.yearbookordercenter.com. We encourage ALL students to participate in this opportunity to have your artwork be featured in a published book!
• If you have not purchased your graduation cap & gown, the deadline is today. Graduate Services will be in the Activities Office today at lunch only. Cash or Check (made payable to Graduate Services) will be accepted. You may also order online at www.gradservicesltd.com.
• Grad Nite 2020 is at Universal Studios! Seniors, get ready for a memorable night. The cost is $170, which includes transportation, dinner and admission to the park all night. Sign up with cash or check in the Activities Office during break or lunch. Sign up before buses are full!
• Order your senior t-shirt in room 101 or room 307. Shirts are $15 and you must pre-order by Friday, January 24th.
• Senior Scholarship Portfolios are due this Friday, January 17th. If you are interested in applying for Buchanan feeder school scholarship, Anthony Arroyo Memorial scholarship, The Tracey Taylor, or the Rocco Rossini Memorial scholarship, please be sure to have your portfolio completely filled out and in to Mr. Felix in the counseling center by no later than this Friday.
• If you like to dance, come to room 554, Wednesdays after school and join Dance Evolution, no prior dance experience is required, no matter what, we do not judge!
• AASU meets every Wednesday to gear up for our 12th annual Black History Month Celebration. Come join us for lunch in room 302.
• FCA will be having our first Huddle of the New year! Our guest speaker will be Jayme Swain, from Cross City. There will bee free pizza! Please join us for lunch in Cooper’s room (352) It could just change your life??!
• DI will be meeting in room 155 this Friday at lunch for instant challenge practice. Please arrive promptly so we will have time for both teams to complete a challenge. See Mrs. Gunn in room 155 if you have questions. This is a mandatory meeting.”
• Attention Asian Club, there will be a meeting this Friday at lunch in room 316 to discuss this year’s events. Please remember to bring your T-shirt money.
• History Day will be meeting this Friday, 1/17 in room 108 during lunch. We will meet weekly until the county competition.
• Are you a sophomore with a talent? Your Class of 2022 officers are looking for a sophomore candidate to perform in the rally next Friday, January 24th. Auditions will be held this Friday at lunch in Room 304, and your audition needs to be 1-2 minutes long. Sign up on Google Classroom or Remind, or come by Room 304 for more information. See you Friday at lunch!
• Attention science fair students. Come to room 358 @ lunch this Friday to discuss your science fair project.
• Attention students, anyone who already took the ASVAB, please remember that you will be able to participate in going over your scores with recruiters on Friday, January 17th during 4th period. Please check your email for additional details. If you have any questions please see Mr. Salone or your counselor.
• It's CSF Application time for FALL SEMESTER 1 GRADES. Applications will be with your English teachers by the end of this week - please fill them out and turn them in to Office 100 between January 21st and January 31st. Freshmen, this time around you may also apply! See the CSF webpage for all details and see Mrs. Constable in room 151 with any questions.