- Our district-wide Latino Student Success Conference will be held March 13, at Clovis North. All students are welcome to attend. The goal of the Conference is to provide inspiration for students to pursue goals beyond high school. Students will meet people who persevered and became a success as well as visit with representatives from colleges and other post-graduate options. Enjoy a free lunch and entertainment. Come to the counseling center for an application and direct all questions to Mrs. Brandon and Miss Salazar. Space is limited so sign up soon!
- Attention Sophs & Juniors! Endeavor Yearbook staff applications are available! Enrollment in yearbook fulfills your English 11 or 12 grad requirement, waives PE and also has a dual enrollment option via Fresno State. Applications are digital and can be accessed via the Yearbook page on the BHS website. Applications are due Friday. Any questions? Come by Room 161. https://sites.google.com/clovisusd.k12.ca.us/english-hanson/yearbooks-memory-pages
- Students who are looking for extra help or a quiet place to work or study after school may come to Academic Clinic in the library. Today schedule is Chemistry, Biology and Spanish.
CLUBS & Academic Teams
Clubs meeting today:
- AASU in room 302.
- The Young Americans for Freedom in room 151.
- There will be an Asian Club meeting today at lunch in room 316.
- Life in the Arts club Room 454 at lunch
- FCA will be meeting at lunch today in room 352.
- We will be working on our Thumbkins. What is a Thumbkin? Come visit the MuddSlingers, on Thursday, in room 454 at lunch. Find out and make some.
- The next Key Club meeting is this Thursday, in the Library Lecture Hall. See you there!
- The Filipino Club will be taking their club yearbook picture this Friday, at LUNCH in room 855! Wear your club shirt! Wait, you don’t have a club shirt, see Mrs. Giannoni asap!
- Attention science fair students: Our presentation meeting is this Friday at lunch. Come by room 902 to start planning your presentation. See you Friday!
- Attention Chinese Club and Korean Club members: Please club meeting this Friday at lunchtime in Room 553. Fried Rice and Pot Stickers will be served. Don’t miss out.
- The African American Student Leadership Conference is Next Tuesday. Please get your permission slip signed and turned into Mrs. Turney in room 302 by Thursday. The African American Student Success Conference is at the Fresno Convention Center. All students are welcome to attend. The Theme of the conference is “Black Excellence” Please dress to impress – business casual.
- Do you enjoy combative sports? Do you enjoy testing your strength and endurance? How about testing your mental strength and courage? If this sounds like you, the Buchanan Rugby Club is still looking for players. The season has started, and the first match is coming up. You don’t need any experience to join. See Mr. Franks for details in room 167.
- Would you like to spread some kindness and love? If your answer is yes, then head on over to room 855 starting today at lunch or afterschool to order your “Singing Valentine’s Grams!” For just a few dollars, you can send a rose, a candy, or both to someone special on campus. Please know the person’s FULL NAME and their ODD period classes before making your order. Proceeds will benefit this year’s Filipino Club’s Senior Scholarship. If you have any questions, please speak to a Filipino Club member or Mrs. Giannoni.
Counseling and Career Center
- Today the Coast Guard will be here at 11:30 – 2, please sign up in Counseling center to visit with them.
- FPU will be here Thursday 8:30am – 10:30am
- The annual Clovis Kiwanis All-Around Student scholarship application is now available. Visit the Buchanan scholarship bulletin for more information and apply today before the February 24th deadline. See Mr. Felix if you have any questions.
Home Athletics this week:
Wrestling vs Clovis East @ 4:00 in the REC Spirit Night
Varsity Boys Soccer vs Central @ BHS 3:00
Varsity Girls Soccer vs Central @ BHS 5:30 Senior Night
Varsity Girls Basketball vs Central @ BHS 7:00