• The 9th annual St. Baldrick’s Head Shaving and hair donation event will be held on Friday, March 20 here at BHS. Over the past 8 years Buchanan has raised over $67,000 all for childhood cancer research! Let’s keep that going! If you would like to participate in this year’s event by shaving your head or by donating 8 inches of hair, see Mr. Martinez in room 156 for details! Join Senior Hannah Davis who is going to shave her head and has already raised over $1,000! Be Brave, Get Bald!
• The first Buchanan High School Cornhole tournament is set to take place beginning the week of March 9 leading up to our 9th annual St. Baldrick’s event on March 20th. The tournament is a team event and will take place during lunch. If you are interested in participating in the cornhole tournament, please see Mr. Martinez or Mr. Perales for more information. The number of teams are limited so get your partner and sign up today!
• This May, Bear Stage brings you Neil Simon’s Barefoot in the Park, and play auditions are open to everyone— don’t miss this chance to try out! Auditions will be after school this Wednesday and Thursday from 3-5 in the Drama Room, 403: select one day to come in and read a few scenes. Callbacks will be Friday February 28th. See Ms. Paxton in Room 403 (or check bear stage.org) for more details on this production and to get an audition application for actors and crew!”
• Do you like to help others? Are you looking to get volunteer hours? Are you looking to make connections in the community? Then Service Based Leadership is for you! See Mrs. Tessler in room 104 for an application.
• Attention Juniors and Sophomores! Do you want to get involved and record the memories of the next school year? If so, yearbook applications are now available in Room 161. Pick one up and apply today!
• Grad Nite 2020 is at Universal Studios! Seniors, get ready for a memorable night. The cost is $170, which includes transportation, dinner and admission to the park all night. Sign up with cash or check in the Activities Office during break or lunch. Sign up before buses are full!
• The ARMED FORCES CLUB will meet at lunch this Friday in room 359. The topic will be, which service branch is best for you.
• FCA will be having our Huddle this Thursday at lunch in Cooper’s room (352). Josh, from New Cov, will be our speaker and we will have free pizza. Come join us & bring a friend!
• Buchanan’s Arts and Crafts Faire is Saturday, March 21st. If you are an artist, come and sell your artwork. If you knit, crochet, make signs, come and sell your crafts. If you a musician, advertise. Booth Fee is only $5.00. Students you keep the profits. Please contact or email, Ms. Miura in room 454 to secure a booth.
• Life in the Arts is meeting this Friday in room 454. We will be working on our Scratch Art.
• The Ed Folsom Memorial Scholarship Application is now available on the Counseling Center’s website. Ed Folsom was an English teacher at Buchanan for 12 years and in his honor, a $1,000 scholarship will be rewarded to a graduating senior from Buchanan High School. For this application, please recreate a scene from a movie or segment in a book that describes who you are and how you exemplify the traits of humor, caring and giving. Application deadline is March 31st. See Mr. Felix in the Counseling Center if you have any questions.
• Azusa Pacific University is visiting our Career Center today at 2:00. Sign up in the Counseling Center today.
• Girls Basketball Playoffs @ Clovis High @ 6:00pm $5 entrance
• Swim & Dive vs Arroyo Grande @ 1:30pm
• Please remember all students not involved in a supervised activity after school, must be off campus by 3:15 pm. Students waiting for parents need to be up at the front office area.
HAVE A THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY AND REMEMBER, ALWAYS BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER.