Tri-River Athletic Conference Code of Conduct
Statement of Purpose: To achieve the proper goals of athletics, the school and the public must be informed concerning the role of athletic education. School athletics are part of the education of each student, whether students are participants or spectators. We, in the Tri-River Athletic Conference (TRAC), are in a position to utilize athletics as a part of the educational program by continuing to develop responsibilities which belong to the league, the school, and the public. We encourage all students in each member school to learn the fundamentals of each game and to participate in each sport to the limit of their abilities. We further encourage all students to learn and understand the rules of fair play and good sportsmanship, as well as the rules of the games so that they may enjoy athletics in the future, as well as the present, as good spectators. There is every reason to believe that inter-school athletics can aid in all efforts to stimulate and motivate the establishment of sound policies and wholesome practices for the member schools of TRAC.
Spectator Code of Conduct
The following is designed to help achieve our goals of athletics:
- Spectators are an important part of the game and should at all times conform to accepted standards of good sportsmanship and good behavior.
- Spectators should at all times respect officials, coaches and players as guests in the community and extend all courtesies to them.
- Enthusiastic and wholesome cheering is encouraged.
- Booing, stamping of feet and disrespectful remarks should be avoided at all times.
- Bells, whistles or noisemakers of any kind are not acceptable for athletic events.
- As adult behavior affects student behavior, spectators should encourage all people to observe the LEAGUE'S CODE OF CONDUCT. Those who do not respond should be reported to the proper school authorities immediately.
Student Rooting Section
The Clovis Unified Student Body attending athletic activities and co-curricular events are expected to support teams representing our school and to provide a positive expression of our school spirit and enthusiasm. The Clovis students are expected to comply with the following behavioral expectations:
- All cheers, signs, etc. are to be positive in nature and supportive of our teams. Our expressions should not degrade the opposing school, players, or Pep/Cheer.
- Attire in school colors is encouraged. Acceptable spirit items are those sold through the student store or recognized school organizations. Students must be within the dress code unless pre-approved special spirit attire is granted e.g. painted face and hair color.
- No items are to be thrown within the stands or toward the field.
- Any sign must be cleared through the student activities director in advance or administration on duty.
- The rooting section when established will be restricted to those students who want to actively cheer and comply with the leadership of the cheerleaders. They must conduct themselves in a positive and safe manner.
- We expect Clovis students to demonstrate positive sportsmanship and behavior at all times.
- Violation of any of the above provisions may result in the violator being removed from the activity. The violator will be referred to the student services office for appropriate disciplinary action (which may include losing the privilege of attending school-related activities).