The Activities Department oversees Student Leadership classes during 3rd and 4th Periods. Students wishing to participate in Student Leadership and/or events coordinated through the Activities Department should apply for Student Leadership in February/March of each school year.
Applications are currently available in the Activities Office and are due on Friday, March 2, 2018. Students will then be notified of an interview scheduled for mid-March. Any questions should be directed to Ms. Tozlian, the Activities Director.
Leadership Application 2018-19
Returning Student Leadership Application 2018-19
Goals for the Leadership Student
- Promote citizenship, leadership, scholarship, human relations, and cultural values throughout the Buchanan High School campus and community
- Become familiar with techniques and principles of leadership and communication
- Practice time management techniques
- Hold yourself accountable to high standards
- Promote involvement by encouraging participation of students, staff, parents, and community
- Lead by example
- Students selected for Leadership agree to be held to the highest standards including the Buchanan High School Code of Ethics and Leadership Code of Conduct
- 2.75 GPA at the preceding semester and overall
- Community Service: participate in at least 10 hours of community service per semester
- School Service: attend mandatory events on campus and support a diverse group of students including the arts, academics, and athletics.
- Class Participation: event set-up, painting signs and advertisements, class presentations, event coordination.